A look to the past
Wonderful marine environments and phenomenal structures
based on 5 nights included flights & selected experiences
From USD$4.899 per person
in low season
From USD$4.899 per person
in high season
At a Glance
Cartagena is the Walled City designated historic patrimony of the humanity by Unesco. Discover the magical architecture surrounded by the wall built to protect the city from pirates, who came in search of gold from the Galleons in the XV century, taste the restaurants with cuisine that blends the best flavors of the world and enjoy the beaches, the sea’s colors and its warm waters.
We design each itinerary around you, so this suggested itinerary is a starting point that
we can tweak or transform into something completely bespoke to you. Call us on (57) 315 6050 093 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your holiday.
- Tour on private boat to the Islas del Rosario.
- Tour on yacht around of the Cartagena Bay.
- Tour to the Castle of San Felipe.
- Restaurants El Santísimo, Marea, Club de Pesca and Harry Sasson.
- Hotels in restored colonial houses.
- Tour to Mompox, architectural heritage of La Colonia
Arrival in Bogota with a reception at the private airport with a Diplomat Travel sign, with maximum urban availability 5 hours for a tour with Monserrate and the Gold Museum.
Bogotá is one of the most important cities in Latin America, also known as the South American Athens.
The objective of this beautiful tour is to focus on the history of this beautiful city. This tour starts in the historic center of Bogotá also called “La Candelaria”, within which the Gold Museum will be visited where about 34,000 pieces of pre-Hispanic gold and more than 25,000 pre-Columbian objects will be known. Later, we will visit the Casa de la Moneda and Botero Donation, where works by Fernando Botero, an internationally recognized Colombian artist, are exhibited in different artistic techniques such as painting, drawing and sculpture. The tour will end with a panoramic tour knowing the Marco de la Plaza de Bolívar (The Primada Cathedral, The House of Nariño, The Liévano Palace and The Palace of Justice). As the entrance to Gold Museum, The House Of Currency and Botero Donation guide service and private transportation.
Lunch at San Isidro restaurant.
At night Private transfer from the hotel to Harry Sasson Restaurant and vice versa. Dinner Restaurant Harry Sasson
• The order of the route depending on the place of departure.
• Gold Museum closed on Mondays.
• Closed Casa de la Moneda and Botero Museum on Tuesdays.
Transfer hotel – airport in private service, to take flight to Cartagena depends on the number of people assigned an H1 or van Sprinter.
Arrival in Cartagena and reception at the private airport with sign of the Diplomat Travel client logo, will be transferred to the Casa San Agustín hotel for 3 nights, this hotel is located 5 km from Rafael Núñez Airport, approximately 20 minutes by car in high hours traffic), 20 minutes walk from the convention center 10 minutes walk from the Puerta del Reloj, 2 km from the Castillo de San Felipe, 20 minutes approximately by car in high traffic hours, 3 km from the port to go out to Islas del Rosario, about 20 minutes walking.
The hotel lives up to its classification THE LEADING HOTELS OF THE WORLD, a place that combines in an excellent way the colonial decoration and the modernity, turning it into a luxurious and exclusive place, its gastronomy is excellent and the Alma Restaurant is sample of it, its Staff is very helpful and the specialty is seafood and cuisine from the Colombian coast.
The passengers check in and later they will be transferred to the restaurant the Santísimo includes two hours of open bar national drinks.
After lunch – City Tour through Colonial Cartagena; start walking through streets and squares of the walled city, breathing the everyday atmosphere of the historic center of Cartagena where beautiful houses are seen in Republican style, colonial among others; then visit the Palace of the Inquisition and Historical Museum, continue with San Pedro Claver Church one of the most important and representative of the walled context, until you reach the Gold Museum. Finally you arrive at the Bóvedas where you have a space for shopping.
Includes: Private transportation, guidance and entry to the Church of San Pedro Claver, Palace of the Inquisition, plazas and streets of the colonial sector of Cartagena.
Attendance card (for it to be valid it is essential to have the complete names of all the pax and their identification numbers or passport, otherwise it can not be activated)
After lunch, you will be transferred to the hotel for free time. At the agreed time they will be picked up to be transferred to the Marea By Rausch Restaurant for dinner.
Breakfast at the hotel and departure for city tour with entrance to the Castillo de San Felipe This city is one of the tourist gems of Colombia, the goal of the tour is for tourists to take in their memories part of the magic that is part of this treasure. After picking up the tourists at the hotel where the visitors are staying; the tour begins touring the modern city bordering one of the most beautiful and safe bays of America (Bay of Cartagena), it continues with a tour of the island of Manga, where you can see beautiful house Republican style; From there you can visit the Fortifications Museum, which is located in the lower part of the Santa Catalina bastion and is a sample of the interior of the wall that borders the city, and continues with the monument to the old shoes, until you reach the Fort Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas, one of the most important historical military fortifications of the city, takes the time also to go to the Vaults and have a shopping time walk through the walled town, strolling through its main streets and squares, accompanied by our professional tour guide. At the end, visitors will be left at the pick-up location or at a place preferred by them.
Includes: Transport in tourist vehicle, accompanying guide. Entrance to Fortifications Museum and Castillo de San Felipe de Barajas. Attendance card (for it to be valid it is essential to have the complete names of all the pax and their identification numbers or passport, otherwise it can not be activated After the city tour they will be transferred to the Harry Sasson restaurant for lunch
In the afternoon there will be a tour in the bay by private boat.
After the tour by private boat will be left at the dock of the Club de Pesca restaurant for dinner, and later to the hotel.
Breakfast at the Casa San Agustín hotel, then a transfer to the pier to make a private boat trip to the islands of Agua Azul and San Pedro Majagua by private boat, lunch at the restaurant of the islands.
The afternoon will be free after each of the activities, at the end of the day a transfer will be generated in the private boat to the pier and then to the hotel, at night there will be a walk to the Governor’s restaurant, accompanied by an assistance
Breakfast at the hotel and departure to the airport in Cartagena to take private plane in Mompox, welcome at Mompox airport to perform "magic hands routes" for 6 hours maximum, this is the time to make several cars “Workshops available to take – magic hands”. Filigree workshop, layer cheese workshop, wood carving workshop, pottery workshop, the workshops must be chosen 7 days in advance to perform the logistics. If the selection is not made in time, the default workshop of the month will be dictated, subject to company conditions.
The route includes: refreshments, hydration, handmade Souvenir made during the workshop, English guide, workshop officiated by master craftsman who speaks only Spanish.
Does not include: personal expenses, it is recommended to take; sunscreen, hats, comfortable and cool clothing. Maximum groups: 10 pax
Lunch in ambrosia restaurant
After the activity and lunch will be transferred again to Mompox airport and then private flight to Cartagena again.
This same day in the evening, dinner with transfer to San Pedro Restaurant
Breakfast at the hotel Casa San Agustín and transfer to the airport to take a flight back to the country of origin.
- Internal air tickets of Colombia in the routes of each package.
- Internal air ticket taxes in Colombia (subject to change at the time of issuance and according to the selected package)
- Internal transfers of arrival and departure to the airport.
- Daily breakfast.
- Daily lunches.
- Daily dinners.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Accompaniment of an English speaking specialized guide.
- Visits described in each city according to itinerary
- Vehicles with air conditioning.
- Bank Fee 2
- Hotel Taxes
- Comprehensive Assistance Card for the traveler in Colombia
- Tours of the locations of each package.
- Visits indicated in each program
- There will be access to the Wi-Fi service, in the Hotels and Restaurants.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Cancellation of services insurance.
- Baggage loss insurance
- Extras in hotels and restaurants, such as wine, drinks, mineral water, room service, telephone service, laundry, among others, etc.
- Tips for porters, bellboys, guides, drivers and in restaurants
- Any payment and / or service not detailed in the programs.
- Food not stipulated in the programs.
- Air tickets from the country of origin to Colombia and back.
- Optional visits.
- To reserve a package, you must give a deposit of USD 1,000, which will be paid to the balance of the package, the total cost of the package must be paid 100% 45 days before the departure date.
- The program costs are valid with a minimum of 2 passengers, if the number of participants is not completed, it is necessary to quote
CANCELLATION AND RESTRICTION POLICIES
- Once the package is confirmed, if you want to change to an alternative date or another package, you will have to pay a fine of USD 800 and any difference that exists in the price, as long as the change is made 30 days before the departure date.
- If the change is made less than 30 days, cancellation charges will apply before the departure date. Any change will be subject to availability.
- After the domestic air tickets have been issued in Colombia, any change will have the penalty imposed by the airline and the operational, administrative and financial expenses that this generated.
- All services must be canceled in writing, this must be done by the person who requested the services, in the same way with the advance that corresponds to the requested service, otherwise it will be billed and charged as a fulfilled service, leaving the observation corresponding to a No Show (no presentation of the passenger before the contracted services)
- In case of cancellation of the Package, the following charges will apply:
- More than 60 days before the departure date. USD 350
- From 60 to 29 days before the departure date. 45% of the total cost of the package.
- From 28 to 14 days before the departure date. 65% of the total cost of the package.
- From 13 to 07 days before the departure date. 85% of the total package cost
- From 06 to 03 days before the departure date 95% of the total cost of the tour package
- From 02 to 0 days before the departure date 100% of the total cost of the package.
- If the package is canceled the value of the discount that will be applied will not be taken into account.
- Colombia is a country that does not ask for a visa.
- Air tickets must be issued 30 days before departure otherwise prices may change.
- Once the tickets are issued, they are not refundable.
- Independent of the aforementioned expenses, the communication and management expenses associated with the cancellation will be charged, as well as the airplane tickets that are included in the program.
- Important: 1 suitcase per person of max. 20 kg. with maximum dimensions of 76x54x33 cm plus a hand luggage of maximum 5 kg.
- The customer declines all responsibility for delays, advances or cancellations that are produced by the airlines or transport companies, the charges arising from this concept will be borne by the passengers.
- To make changes to the service already scheduled and confirmed, please make them under the established policies.
- If you have any complaint with the service provided in each service offered, this should be done to the leader or guide during the tour. If it can not be resolved, a written complaint must be made to the offices of Diplomat Travel within 30 days of the end of the package. If not done within this period, the complaint will not be considered valid
- Law 1480 of 2011 Colombiana expresses the importance on responsible behavior with Destination: Please be advised that we do not support illegal trade of flora and fauna, respect and promote the conservation of our biodiversity, according to Law 17 of 1981 Colombia to prevent, punish and reject any act that abuses and threatens the life of the animal species of the country and Law 1333 of 2009 to prevent the continuation or realization of actions against the environment.
- We do not support the illegal trade of cultural goods, we respect and promote the conservation of our culture, in accordance with the law 63 of 1986 for the prevention of the illegal traffic of cultural goods of the country and the law 1185 of 2008 that seeks the safeguard, protection , sustainability, disclosure and encouragement for the cultural heritage assets of the Colombian Nation.
- Diplomat Travel undertakes to promote the law 679 adopted on August 3, 2001, aimed at setting standards to prevent and counter exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism involving children, in implementation of Article 44 of the Constitution from Colombia. In this sense, it is our duty to inform all our users and clients of Article 16 and 17 of Law 679 of 2001: The exploitation and sexual abuse of minors are penalized and administratively sanctioned in Colombia. Additionally, we have a Code of Conduct to prevent the sexual and commercial exploitation of children in accordance with Resolution 3840 of December 24, 2009 and according to Article 1 of Law 1336 of July 21, 2009.
- We inform that we reject child labor, forced labor and / or any form of child labor according to Resolution 3597 of 2013 and in accordance with national regulations and international treaties signed by Colombia. It is committed to promote Law 376 of 2009, whose objective is to prevent the consumption of tobacco, alcohol and other psychoactive substances in minors.
- Diplomat Travel guarantees that its recruitment, promotion and organizational development processes are guided by the principles of equal opportunities and treatment; they are free from any type of racial, political or religious discrimination, due to physical disability, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, union status, or for any other reason in accordance with national regulations and international treaties subscribed by Colombia.
- We ask our clients that all kinds of cultural goods they wish to acquire, we suggest you consult the following pages www.mincultura.gov.co.
- General file of the nation, if it is intangible cultural heritage www.archivogeneral.gov.co.
- Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History, for the archaeological heritage replicas, www.icanh.gov.co
- In order to report any irregularity to the competent authorities, please timely report to the following email. email@example.com
- Diplomat Travel is subject to the liability regime established by Law 300/96, Decree 1075/97, Decree 2438 of 2010 and the regulations that modify, add or amend them. The responsibility of the organizer of the tourist plan or package is limited to the terms and conditions of the program in relation to the provision and quality of services. The agency does not assume any liability towards the user for the air transport service, unless it is a chartered flight and in accordance with the conditions of the transport contract. The policies for the reimbursement of services not rendered due to situations of force majeure or fortuitous event, action or omission of third parties or of the passenger, not attributable to the travel agency, before or during the trip, which may be subject to return, they will be defined by each operator and will be confirmed to the user once the travel documents are booked and issued, as well as the percentages of penalties or deductions that may be applicable
- Diplomat Travel is not jointly and severally liable for the sums requested in reimbursement. Any reimbursements that may take place will be made within 30 days of the request. However, if the procedure takes more time for reasons beyond Diplomat Travel, it will not recognize any interest on the amounts to be reimbursed. The percentage of reimbursement will depend on the conditions of the provider and the operational, administrative and financial expenses of the agency. The agency does not assume responsibility towards the user or traveler for events such as accidents, strikes, riots, earthquakes, weather or natural phenomena, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry or visa permits, legal issues of the traveler, health issues and any other case of force majeure or fortuitous event that may occur before or during the trip.
- In case of force majeure or fortuitous event before or during the trip (accidents, strikes, riots, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others), or simply with In order to guarantee the success of the plan, the operator and / or the agency may modify, replace or cancel itineraries, dates, flights, hotels, optional services, which is now accepted by the passenger at the time of acquiring the services.
- The passenger will be exclusively responsible for the custody of their luggage and travel documents. Diplomat Travel, may guide the passenger in the event of loss of their luggage or travel documents, however under no circumstances, will be responsible for the loss, damage, deterioration or loss of said elements.
- Diplomat Travel will inform the passenger of the restrictions established by the airlines in terms of prohibitions, maximum weight and number of pieces per passenger, persons allowed in the attractions or tourist sites, limitations or impediments to access by maximum quota. However, it will be the sole responsibility of the passenger to comply with these policies, which may vary by arrangement of the transport companies or the service provider.
- Hotel rates depend on the selected accommodation. The cancellation policies, penalties, restrictions and particular conditions of the package will be informed to the passenger at the time of the issuance of travel documents
- The client declares that he / she knows and fully accepts these conditions, which constitute the sole, total and exclusive agreement of any agreement or legal provision to the contrary, regarding the terms, conditions and restrictions of the contracted services.
- RNT No. 71728 The exploitation and sexual abuse of minors is punishable by deprivation of liberty, in accordance with the provisions of Law 679 of 2001 and Law 1336 of 2009. NIT. 900.318.712-7 According to the Aerocivil and stipulated by the National Registry of Civil Status to strengthen measures to identify travelers, including those of minors, airlines will require a passport to parents or adults in charge to travel, by air, with children between 0 and 7 years old. It is necessary that those traveling with children between these ages have this required documentation, otherwise the children will not be able to Travel.