Bogotá, Villa de Leyva and Zipaquirá make up the El Dorado route
based on 5 nights included flights & selected experiences
From USD$2.199 per person
in low season
From USD$2.199 per person
in high season
At a Glance
The Spanish conquistadors arrived at Colombia in search of the precious gold, leaving an architectural legacy that you can meet in Bogotá and the colonial city of Villa de Leyva where its cobbled streets surround the traditional medieval houses. The Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá is carved in an old mine, it is considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world, and Tota is the lagoon of white sand beaches where the chieftains were bathed with gold dust.
We design each itinerary around you, so this suggested itinerary is a starting point that
we can tweak or transform into something completely bespoke to you. Call us on (57) 315 6050 093 or send an email to email@example.com to start planning your holiday.
- Tour to the Hill of Monserrate, located 2.900 meters above the level of the sea.
- Tour to the Gold Museum and Museum Botero.
- Tour of the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá.
- Restaurants Andres Carne de Res, San Isidro and Harry Sasson.
- Tour colonial villages of Boyacá.
- Tour to the Tota Lagoon.
Arrival in Bogota with a reception at the private airport with a Diplomat Travel sign, with maximum urban availability 5 hours for a tour with Monserrate and the Gold Museum. Bogotá is one of the most important cities in Latin America, also known as the South American Athens.
The objective of this beautiful tour is to focus on the history of this beautiful city. This tour starts in the historic center of Bogotá also called “La Candelaria”, within which the Gold Museum will be visited where about 34,000 pieces of pre-Hispanic gold and more than 25,000 pre-Columbian objects will be known. Later, we will visit the Casa de la Moneda and Botero Donation, where works by Fernando Botero, an internationally recognized Colombian artist, are exhibited in different artistic techniques such as painting, drawing and sculpture. The tour will end with a panoramic tour knowing the Marco de la Plaza de Bolívar (The Primada Cathedral, The House of Nariño, The Liévano Palace and The Palace of Justice). As the entrance to Gold Museum, The House Of Currency and Botero Donation guide service and private transportation.
Lunch at San Isidro restaurant.
- The order of the route depending on the place of departure.
- Gold Museum closed on Mondays.
- Closed Casa de la Moneda and Botero Museum on Tuesdays.
Full day Zipaquirá and Nemocon with income to both mines. The savannah of Bogotá was previously covered by an immense sea that later became a shallow salt lake and was affected by various geological phenomena, so it was dried and covered slowly with the material of the nearby mountains forming different salt flats such as of Zipaquirá and Nemocón. These populations are reached by leaving the north of Bogotá, after crossing the beautiful towns of Chía and Cajicá.
The first place to visit will be Nemocón and its famous Mina, where it descends to 80 meters underground, where it will tell a story of more than 500 years of salt exploitation. In the mine we will find magical places full of color, naturally decorated and where tranquility is breathed as water mirrors, the waterfall of salt, stalagmites and stalactite, the chapel of the Virgen del Carmen, the well of desires, the heart of Nemocón and the recording set of the movie “Los 33” that narrates life inside the mine of the Chilean mining group that were trapped in 2010 at the San José mine.
From there we will continue the visit in Zipaquirá where we will find one of the main tourist sites of Colombia, the majestic Salt Cathedral built 180 meters deep from a salt mine.
Includes: Transportation service, Professional Tourism Guide, Nemocón Salt Mine Income and the salt cathedral of Zipaquirá. Attendance card (for it to be valid it is essential to have the complete names of all the pax and their identification numbers or passport, otherwise it can not be activated)
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen and a sweater, sweater, jacket or jacket that can be put on and removed easily because there are possibilities of temperature variations and comfortable walking shoes.
In the night rumba in Andrés Carné de Res Chia. Undoubtedly, it is the most iconic site in Bogotá when it comes to very good rumba and gastronomy. In one of the best environments, music, people, food and drinks are combined, which makes this a very special and unique place. Includes: Income, Drink and passes welcome mouths, private transportation, guide service. Attendance card (for it to be valid it is essential to have the complete names of all the pax and their identification numbers or passport, otherwise it can not be activated)
Lunch at La Celestina restaurant
Full day Villa de Leyva. In the early hours of the morning starts a tour of this charming place full of history, architecture and bohemian atmosphere. Located 177 km away from Bogotá, despite being one of the oldest towns in Colombia and having had great political importance in the past today seems frozen in time. During the tour you will visit the historic bridge of Boyacá and several picturesque villages where you can appreciate and buy the best crafts of Colombia.
Includes: Tour, guide service, private transport, typical regional lunch, attendance card (for it to be valid it is essential to have the complete names of all the pax and their identification numbers or passport, otherwise it can not be activated)
Recommendations: It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes, sunscreen and a sweater, sweater, jacket or jacket that can be put on and removed easily because there are possibilities of temperature variations and comfortable walking shoes.
Hotel accommodation in Villa de Leyva Campanario
Lunch at the Solar de la Guaca restaurant
Breakfast, departure in the morning by Villa de Leyva making a city tour walking through the largest square in Colombia – departure to Ráquira known for its crafts in clay – exit on the road to Tunja to reach Nobsa, typical village of fabrics and wool clothes. We will know Monguí, famous for its factories of balls and articles in leather. Short stop in Sogamoso and its central square (Optional Museo del Sol, vestiges of the Muisca culture). At the end of the afternoon arrival at the Lake of Tota, wonder of Colombia, surrounded by green mountains and spectacular landscapes, this day accommodation in Tota.
Free day and at night private transfer from the hotel to Harry Sasson restaurant and vice versa
Dinner Restaurant Harry Sason
Transfer hotel – airport in private service, depends on the number of people assigned an H1 or van Sprinter.
- Internal air tickets of Colombia in the routes of each package.
- Internal air ticket taxes in Colombia (subject to change at the time of issuance and according to the selected package)
- Internal transfers of arrival and departure to the airport.
- Daily breakfast.
- Daily lunches.
- Daily dinners.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Accompaniment of an English speaking specialized guide.
- Visits described in each city according to itinerary
- Vehicles with air conditioning.
- Bank Fee 2
- Hotel Taxes
- Comprehensive Assistance Card for the traveler in Colombia
- Tours of the locations of each package.
- Visits indicated in each program
- There will be access to the Wi-Fi service, in the Hotels and Restaurants.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Cancellation of services insurance.
- Baggage loss insurance
- Extras in hotels and restaurants, such as wine, drinks, mineral water, room service, telephone service, laundry, among others, etc.
- Tips for porters, bellboys, guides, drivers and in restaurants
- Any payment and / or service not detailed in the programs.
- Food not stipulated in the programs.
- Air tickets from the country of origin to Colombia and back.
- Optional visits.
- To reserve a package, you must give a deposit of USD 1,000, which will be paid to the balance of the package, the total cost of the package must be paid 100% 45 days before the departure date.
- The program costs are valid with a minimum of 2 passengers, if the number of participants is not completed, it is necessary to quote
CANCELLATION AND RESTRICTION POLICIES
- Once the package is confirmed, if you want to change to an alternative date or another package, you will have to pay a fine of USD 800 and any difference that exists in the price, as long as the change is made 30 days before the departure date.
- If the change is made less than 30 days, cancellation charges will apply before the departure date. Any change will be subject to availability.
- After the domestic air tickets have been issued in Colombia, any change will have the penalty imposed by the airline and the operational, administrative and financial expenses that this generated.
- All services must be canceled in writing, this must be done by the person who requested the services, in the same way with the advance that corresponds to the requested service, otherwise it will be billed and charged as a fulfilled service, leaving the observation corresponding to a No Show (no presentation of the passenger before the contracted services)
- In case of cancellation of the Package, the following charges will apply:
- More than 60 days before the departure date. USD 350
- From 60 to 29 days before the departure date. 45% of the total cost of the package.
- From 28 to 14 days before the departure date. 65% of the total cost of the package.
- From 13 to 07 days before the departure date. 85% of the total package cost
- From 06 to 03 days before the departure date 95% of the total cost of the tour package
- From 02 to 0 days before the departure date 100% of the total cost of the package.
- If the package is canceled the value of the discount that will be applied will not be taken into account.
- Colombia is a country that does not ask for a visa.
- Air tickets must be issued 30 days before departure otherwise prices may change.
- Once the tickets are issued, they are not refundable.
- Independent of the aforementioned expenses, the communication and management expenses associated with the cancellation will be charged, as well as the airplane tickets that are included in the program.
- Important: 1 suitcase per person of max. 20 kg. with maximum dimensions of 76x54x33 cm plus a hand luggage of maximum 5 kg.
- The customer declines all responsibility for delays, advances or cancellations that are produced by the airlines or transport companies, the charges arising from this concept will be borne by the passengers.
- To make changes to the service already scheduled and confirmed, please make them under the established policies.
- If you have any complaint with the service provided in each service offered, this should be done to the leader or guide during the tour. If it can not be resolved, a written complaint must be made to the offices of Diplomat Travel within 30 days of the end of the package. If not done within this period, the complaint will not be considered valid
- Law 1480 of 2011 Colombiana expresses the importance on responsible behavior with Destination: Please be advised that we do not support illegal trade of flora and fauna, respect and promote the conservation of our biodiversity, according to Law 17 of 1981 Colombia to prevent, punish and reject any act that abuses and threatens the life of the animal species of the country and Law 1333 of 2009 to prevent the continuation or realization of actions against the environment.
- We do not support the illegal trade of cultural goods, we respect and promote the conservation of our culture, in accordance with the law 63 of 1986 for the prevention of the illegal traffic of cultural goods of the country and the law 1185 of 2008 that seeks the safeguard, protection , sustainability, disclosure and encouragement for the cultural heritage assets of the Colombian Nation.
- Diplomat Travel undertakes to promote the law 679 adopted on August 3, 2001, aimed at setting standards to prevent and counter exploitation, pornography and sexual tourism involving children, in implementation of Article 44 of the Constitution from Colombia. In this sense, it is our duty to inform all our users and clients of Article 16 and 17 of Law 679 of 2001: The exploitation and sexual abuse of minors are penalized and administratively sanctioned in Colombia. Additionally, we have a Code of Conduct to prevent the sexual and commercial exploitation of children in accordance with Resolution 3840 of December 24, 2009 and according to Article 1 of Law 1336 of July 21, 2009.
- We inform that we reject child labor, forced labor and / or any form of child labor according to Resolution 3597 of 2013 and in accordance with national regulations and international treaties signed by Colombia. It is committed to promote Law 376 of 2009, whose objective is to prevent the consumption of tobacco, alcohol and other psychoactive substances in minors.
- Diplomat Travel guarantees that its recruitment, promotion and organizational development processes are guided by the principles of equal opportunities and treatment; they are free from any type of racial, political or religious discrimination, due to physical disability, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, political orientation, union status, or for any other reason in accordance with national regulations and international treaties subscribed by Colombia.
- We ask our clients that all kinds of cultural goods they wish to acquire, we suggest you consult the following pages www.mincultura.gov.co.
- General file of the nation, if it is intangible cultural heritage www.archivogeneral.gov.co.
- Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History, for the archaeological heritage replicas, www.icanh.gov.co
- In order to report any irregularity to the competent authorities, please timely report to the following email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diplomat Travel is subject to the liability regime established by Law 300/96, Decree 1075/97, Decree 2438 of 2010 and the regulations that modify, add or amend them. The responsibility of the organizer of the tourist plan or package is limited to the terms and conditions of the program in relation to the provision and quality of services. The agency does not assume any liability towards the user for the air transport service, unless it is a chartered flight and in accordance with the conditions of the transport contract. The policies for the reimbursement of services not rendered due to situations of force majeure or fortuitous event, action or omission of third parties or of the passenger, not attributable to the travel agency, before or during the trip, which may be subject to return, they will be defined by each operator and will be confirmed to the user once the travel documents are booked and issued, as well as the percentages of penalties or deductions that may be applicable
- Diplomat Travel is not jointly and severally liable for the sums requested in reimbursement. Any reimbursements that may take place will be made within 30 days of the request. However, if the procedure takes more time for reasons beyond Diplomat Travel, it will not recognize any interest on the amounts to be reimbursed. The percentage of reimbursement will depend on the conditions of the provider and the operational, administrative and financial expenses of the agency. The agency does not assume responsibility towards the user or traveler for events such as accidents, strikes, riots, earthquakes, weather or natural phenomena, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry or visa permits, legal issues of the traveler, health issues and any other case of force majeure or fortuitous event that may occur before or during the trip.
- In case of force majeure or fortuitous event before or during the trip (accidents, strikes, riots, earthquakes, climatic factors, safety conditions, political factors, denial of entry permits, health issues, among others), or simply with In order to guarantee the success of the plan, the operator and / or the agency may modify, replace or cancel itineraries, dates, flights, hotels, optional services, which is now accepted by the passenger at the time of acquiring the services.
- The passenger will be exclusively responsible for the custody of their luggage and travel documents. Diplomat Travel, may guide the passenger in the event of loss of their luggage or travel documents, however under no circumstances, will be responsible for the loss, damage, deterioration or loss of said elements.
- Diplomat Travel will inform the passenger of the restrictions established by the airlines in terms of prohibitions, maximum weight and number of pieces per passenger, persons allowed in the attractions or tourist sites, limitations or impediments to access by maximum quota. However, it will be the sole responsibility of the passenger to comply with these policies, which may vary by arrangement of the transport companies or the service provider.
- Hotel rates depend on the selected accommodation. The cancellation policies, penalties, restrictions and particular conditions of the package will be informed to the passenger at the time of the issuance of travel documents
- The client declares that he / she knows and fully accepts these conditions, which constitute the sole, total and exclusive agreement of any agreement or legal provision to the contrary, regarding the terms, conditions and restrictions of the contracted services.
- RNT No. 71728 The exploitation and sexual abuse of minors is punishable by deprivation of liberty, in accordance with the provisions of Law 679 of 2001 and Law 1336 of 2009. NIT. 900.318.712-7 According to the Aerocivil and stipulated by the National Registry of Civil Status to strengthen measures to identify travelers, including those of minors, airlines will require a passport to parents or adults in charge to travel, by air, with children between 0 and 7 years old. It is necessary that those traveling with children between these ages have this required documentation, otherwise the children will not be able to Travel.