ZIPAQUIRÁ + RÁQUIRA + VILLA DE LEYVA
Duration: 2 days, 1 night
Zipaquirá is a colonial town very close to Bogotá, although its typical architecture of the time is not its main attraction. 180 meters below the ground is an engineering jewel that is famous in the world: The Salt Cathedral, the first wonder of Colombia. See with your own eyes this space that will leave you breathless. Inside the mine there are different works that, thanks to its magnitude and lighting, make this place an obligatory destination.
After knowing the first wonder of Colombia, you can visit Ráquira. 3 hours from Zipaquirá, Ráquira is one of the most striking towns in Boyacá due to its pottery and ceramic production, evident in its architecture and crafts. It is known as the artisan capital of Colombia. From the indigenous time he was famous for the production of high-quality artisanal objects.
Finally, you can meet Villa de Leyva. The beauty of this town makes it a simply exceptional place, that due to its architecture, the mild climate and its diversity of landscapes, all that makes it a difficult place to forget. In the Tour in Villa de Leyva you can choose from all kinds of restaurants, the attractions of this town are countless: from shopping in the different handicraft stores, to having a glass of wine in the surrounding vineyards, Villa de Leyva will not leave to surprise him at every step you take. The blue wells, located in the middle of a nearby desert, the monastery of Santo Ecce Homo, the Kronosaurio in the Fossil Museum, and the Muisca Observatory “El Infiernito” are unmissable attractions in this destination that is only 2 hours away from Bogota.
We design each itinerary around you, so this suggested itinerary is a starting point that
we can tweak or transform into something completely bespoke to you. Call us on (57) 315 6050 093 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your holiday.
* Zipaquirá (Day 1).
- Pick up: Hotel/Address desired
- Visit to the Cathedral.
- Visit the town of Zipaquirá.
- Time to lunch.
- Transfer to Villa de Leyva.
* Villa de Leyva (Day 2)
- Pick up: Hotel / Address desired.
- Visit to the Fossil Museum, Ecce Hommo Monastery and Pozos Azules.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant.
- Walk through the central square and handicraft center.
- Transfer to Ráquira
* Ráquira (Day 2)
- Visit to the town, handicraft center and the Plaza Mayor.
- Transfer to Bogotá.
- Arrived at the hotel/Address desired.
- All days available
- Suggested departure time day 1: 7:00 am.
- Suggested departure time day 2: 8:00 am.
- Bilingual guide.
- Private transport.
- Tickets to the mentioned places.
- Snacks (day 1).
- Lunch in a typical restaurant (Main dish + non-alcoholic drink (day 2).
- Assistance card.
- The accommodation is charged additionally, and this value depends on the season (high or low) and prices of the hotels of the estimated day of the tour.
- The accommodation is subject to hotel availability (Hotel Casa Terra or Hotel Candelaria).
- Use cap, water and comfortable shoes.
- Don’t forget your necessary medications.
- Keep hydrated.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement – Rating from 1 to 5 (1 very easy – 5 very demanding): 4
- Recommended for children over 3 years.
- Children between 0 and 1 year do not pay, children between 2 and 12 years must pay 50% of the rate.
- Book at least 1 day in advance.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the customer pick-up time. If it is not notified in advance, 50% of the total value of the service will be charged.
* PRICES PER PERSON OF THE PACKAGE.